mloop is a live MIDI looping system, using jack-midi. Loops are recorded, optionally with beat quantisation, and can then be played back, either once or looping.
A 'note cache' system is implemented to remember which notes are pressed and their velocities. This allows for a loop to start off with the currently pressed notes, making seamless loops much easier to perform.
- Quantisation; end a loop on a beat exactly.
- Delayed recording; wait for a MIDI event before starting a loop record.
- Adjust tempo; Playback speed of loops can be adjusted on the fly.
Features on the list on things that could be done:
- MIDI control.
- Synchronised playback.
- Session save/load.
- Multiple MIDI output ports.
- Faders to fade loops in and out.
mloop is licensed under the GNU GPL v2.
None yet, sorry.